Our Priority Services Register is completely free to join and is aimed at helping our customers who feel they need a bit of extra support. This could be because of age, a health condition or a disability, or if you’re going through a difficult time.
We can help a wide range of people, from those who are of State Pension age, disabled a sight or hearing loss, or have a child under 5 years old in the house. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a temporary or a permanent situation.
Who can sign up for support
Let us know if you’re living with any of the following, or any other, challenging circumstances and we’ll do what we can to support you:
- Customers with a disability or long-term illness
- Customers with visual, hearing or vocal impairments
- Those experiencing mental health challenges
- Families with children under the age of five
- Customers experiencing financial hardship
- Customers who are over 65
- Customers with communication barriers – this could be due to literacy, language barriers or a lack of digital access
- Customers who have gone through a recent bereavement, break-up or job loss
- Customers who have learning difficulties
How we can help
- We won’t call at your home without proof of who we are
- We provide a bill reading service for those that need it
- We’ll arrange for someone you choose to help you manage your account
- We’ll send you large print bills or braille bills, if you need them
- We’ll work with you to find a flexible payment plan where possible
- If English isn’t your first language we can help by providing translated bills or documents.
- We have Recite Me on our website; an online tool which allows you to change our website to meet your needs. You can translate text into different languages, as well as play the text out loud.
- We will let you know as far in advance as possible if there’s going to be a supply interruption in your area.
- We will offer you priority fault repair and provide an alternative supply of heating if the supply is interrupted for more than 12 hours.
- We’ll read your meter within 5 working days, if you’re finding it tricky and would like our help
- We’ll never suspend your heating and hot water during the colder months (October to March)
How to sign up to our Priority Services Register
If you think you need extra help, and you’d like to be added to our Priority Services Register please phone us on 02920 100 346 or log in to your online account at https://metropolitanlocal.co.uk/log-in/. More information can be found at https://www.metropolitan-uk.co.uk/a-little-extra-support/